Pages

Friday 20 November 2015

Prisoner of War Camp 116, Essex

The Explore:

We visited this site in Hatfield Heath on a cloudy day in July 2014, we dropped in before going off to the Secret Nuclear Bunker at Kelvedon Hatch! :) Access is very simple and there's lots more to explore to this site than we got around to be honest.


The History:

There's not much history to this camp that I could find online other than it was a Prisoner of War camp for non-Nazis during WW2 (mostly Italian soldiers).

Interestingly enough it was a camp where the prisoners could leave during the day and work on the local farms, they were picked up by the local Land Girls in the morning then dropped off in the evening! There are a few remains of some lovely cars from the 50s(?), I've seen some great pictures of them on other reports of this site, but sadly they were not much but shells when we went! The entire site is pretty much a decaying mess... but it was fun to wander around!

The Photos:

At this point I didn't have my lovely DSLR camera or tripod so these were all taken on my phone. I had also not learnt anything about composition or light or any of that fun stuff that I'm just learning about now... so please excuse the poor quality of these shots!

Full set: https://goo.gl/photos/TozPQ52G18VsT6Ga8




No comments:

Post a Comment